Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Unexpected things and impromptu road trips

This morning I actually joined Buddy at the gym. I hate gyms, but this is really just a small section of the apartment office with a few machines. I waked on the treadmill while he did a few rotations on the weight machines. It actually wasn't that bad until I stepped off and my legs turned into jelly. But, I did have plenty of energy all day and enjoyed spending the extra little bit of time with the hubby. 

Afterwards we stopped by the office at SFA so I could pick up the credit card to get supplies. After shopping and getting everything on my list except for batteries, we headed home so I could try and figure out how I'm going to put my contraption together. 

My check I was expecting (not from work) came in and so I figured I would use my banks app to deposit my check since there is no branch in Nacogdoches. Of course there would be a maximum on the amount you can deposit at once and my check exceeded this amount (even though I called customer service and they said it should be ok). So, instead of working on my contraption we got in the car and headed to the closest branch in our area, Centerville. Centerville is a whopping hour and a half away, so we packed up the dog and headed out. 

I must admit I love Texas roads. The speed limits on 2 lane highways are 75 mph between towns. At first I thought they were crazy, but it makes traveling so much easier. It doesn't hurt that the scenery is also beautiful. 

So, not much got accomplished today. I didn't even cook since I forgot to get out some meat to thaw. But, all in all it was a pretty awesome day full of unexpected things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment