Thursday, February 27, 2014

The final countdown

In less than 12 hours I will be dressed and making coffee so we can hit the road for Texas! That still doesn't sound real. What's even weirder is I feel like I should be sad about leaving. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to miss everyone in Alabama and miss getting to see them whenever I want. But, I'm not sad. I was nervous this morning on the way to pick up the truck. So much so I wanted to hang out of the car and vomit. But I didn't and after we started loading the truck I felt better. So much better in fact we ate a huge lunch at the Sizzler with Grandma.

While at lunch Grandma said she was sad to see me leave, but she was happy for me and thought it was the best thing that has happened to me. I don't know about being THE best thing, cause that's pretty much my husband. But, it is pretty damn close.

When I moved back to Opelika from living on my own for almost 6 years my Grandaddy offered to help me pay off what I owed above and beyond my student loans so that I could get back to school. I told him that I had gotten myself into that mess and I was going to be the one to get myself out. And I did. I paid off some of my credit cards, my car loan, and what I owed two schools other than student loans and then I went back to school.

There has been a lot of crap happening lately in my family that I'm not going to get into here...I refuse to put dirty laundry out there for just anyone to see. But, I am supposed to be receiving money that my grandfather wanted his kids and grandkids to have after his death. When I was told the amount I about fell on the floor. When I wrote earlier that I was waiting on the other shoe to drop, I was not kidding. Usually that kind of crap happens to me all the time. But with this, it's almost like he is telling me from around the corner "I told you I would help."

So, less than 12 hours and our journey truly begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment