Sunday, December 28, 2014

Wrapping up 2014

What a year!

This year I crossed the Mississippi river for the first time and crossed three states off my travel list as I packed up mine and my husband's lives and moved westward from Alabama to Texas. This is the first time I've lived so far away from my friends and family and let me tell you, it has been a learning experience. I think everyone should do this at least once in their lives.

I have learned not only how strong I can be, but that weakness is ok too. I've learned how far a leap of faith can take you and sometimes not everything is as good as it seems. I've learned that picking your battles does not mean you are a doormat, nor does it mean that you weren't right in the first place. I've learned that I am only as great as my effort. Most importantly, I've learned how to trust quickly. I've never been a very trusting person. Everyone has an agenda, right? Not so much. Packing up and moving to a place you've never seen, working with people you've only met via email and a phone call, and living in a town where you absolutely know no one will give you a different perspective on people. I'm not saying my sense of awareness has been lowered. I think it has been heightened, but at the same time I'm able to open up to others more... That probably makes no sense.

So, in my usual end of the year fashion, I've created my annual year in photos video. I hope this upcoming year brings you joy, happiness, prosperity, and most of all - love. Be blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment