Thursday, June 5, 2014

One week left!!

As of today we have twelve, TWELVE, that's 1-2, 10+2, 6+6,....you get the point ... Surveys left!!!! That means if we do 2 surveys a day we will be done Wednesday. AND if we do more than 2 a day, like today, we will be done before Wednesday. There is rain projected for Tuesday and Wednesday of next week (of course) so, just in case we are going to try for 3. 

Today we also had my major professor shadowing me. Of course this would also be the day I fell twice. Nice going Libby. So why were we being shadowed? This way he will better understand what we have been doing. Granted it is late in the season, but better late than never right?

The last few days have consisted of early mornings (315 AM wake up), 5+ hours of commuting (back and forth total), and super early bed times (8 PM). I'm pretty ready for this craziness to be over with. 

In other news, I am officially a graduate student at Stephen F. Austin State University. Yes, I have been working on my graduate project and yes, I moved three states away three months ago; however in the chaos that was moving, I missed a crucial step in the application process and had to frantically catch up. Now that I've caught up I'm one step closer to a maste's degree!! 

My tired brain is at a loss of any other new developments to tell, so please enjoy what few pictures I have from the last update and blessed be. 


The porch of a biologist. Nasty, stinky wet clothes and boots...check. Bird feeders...check. Plants...check. 


Three cute calves in one of our young pine stands. 



Turtle shell (carapace) 

Two tufted titmice and an incoming Carolina chickadee at my new feeder. 

Sunscreen is ALWAYS your friend. 

Hogzilla print. 










No comments:

Post a Comment