Monday, June 9, 2014

And that's a wrap!

We finished our last three stands this morning! It couldn't have come at a better time. Brittany's drivers licence expires next week so she had to go back this weekend and on top of that the rain chances for today and tomorrow have been increasing with each passing day. This was my commute home:
This is what it looks like right now:
And the rest of the week:
This rain would have set us back at least two days and we may not have been able to finish by Saturday so Brittany could get back home as planned. So, needless to say, I'm ok with my decision even though it came with the price of working everyday since last Monday, getting up at 3am every morning save one, and driving almost 5 hours each day. 

The funny thing about today is I ended up dehydrated enough to be sick. Both Brittany and I did so well hydrating while out in the field. We would remind each other to drink and even take extra stops to hydrate if we were especially hot. Though today in all of our excitement we didn't do so well. I didn't even finish half my powerade. It didn't occur to me that was what was wrong until Buddy mentioned it a little while ago. Oops. Glad it was today of all days though! 

So, what's next? Tomorrow Buddy and I are going to have a date day, Wednesday I'm going to clean the apartment and unpack my things away in an organized fashion, and sometime after (read:Thursday) I'm going to start back on data entry. I'm registered for three hours of thesis writing for the summer II semester, so I'll start on my proposal soon after data entry. Sounds fun right? Ha! Unfortunately, this is the major portion of my field...writing.

I probably won't get excited until I start data analysis, which is still kinda boring and goes over most peoples heads. But, I'm going to do my best to throw it in here so even the layest of laymen can understand. What's  the point of science if it's so damn difficult no one wants to understand it, right? Then no one would get how nifty science is. For now I'm going back to relaxing on the couch with the hubby, drinking powerade, and loving on my furbabies. 

Good morning from stand (13) 26. Although this picture was taken Thursday or Friday this was our final stand of the season! 




Brittany's last meal in Nacogdoches at Butcher boys. Her favorite was the sour cream, cheddar, bacon burger. The sad face is because she couldn't finish it. 

Good morning from the road beside stand (08)17. It's the stand to the left and one of my favorite tall pine stands we worked in. 

Bunny friend! This little guy wasn't near as shy as some of it's brothers and sisters. He stayed on the road watching us walk up on him for a long time. 

The dark green path is our trail in as our boots and jeans soaked up all the dew. This is stand (13)2. 


My favorite sight after crossing the Sabine River...both signs. 













No comments:

Post a Comment