Monday, April 7, 2014

Wherein my OCD gets the better of me

Hi. My name is Libby and I'm a control freak. I like making a schedule and sticking to it. I like making plans and following them. I like having a clear cut path from point A to point B.

That being said, I knew what I was getting into accepting this assistantship, having an upcoming field season, and going to grad school. I knew schedules would continually ebb and flow and change. I knew shit happens and not everyone plays well with others. I knew not everyone keeps up with their email and answers them in a respectable time. I knew not everything was going to be easy-peasy and straight forward. I accepted this, embraced it, and it punched me in my damn face today.

I guess I was just having one of those days where EVERYTHING seems to go wrong, but this day really tested my control issues to the point where I had to put my head in my hands and breathe deeply. However, before the day was over I was feeling better and Buddy and I even took Luna to the dog park.

So, there is one week left till field season, we still don't have field housing squared away and I may be out of a truck and having to use a van instead. Worse case scenario, cause ya know that's where I go, is we'll have to drive 2 1/2 hours to our sites at 3 am each morning and hope it doesn't rain anymore than it has so we don't get a van stuck. We also may be postponed a week which means I'll have to rearrange the schedule for the 475th time. But, I'm taking deep breaths and we're going to make the best of this and it will come out amazing.

In other news, life with out Georgie is just weird. I still keep waiting for her to come around the corner and fuss at me about something. Serenity is no longer searching for her sister, but has become more talkative and more snuggly. She had started coming to the back door while I was outside, so I decided to see if she would come out with me. She is not a very good jumper so I wasn't afraid of her jumping up on the ledge, but I have created a monster. Everytime Ne-ne hears the sliding glass door she comes running her fat little self to the back door where she cries and cries until either she is let outside or I come in.

Luna had been acting a little depressed. I think its mostly because of a food change. The food I had got for her when we moved was a store brand from a store that does not exist in this area. So I got her some Alpo which she used to love. Now she has the most disgusting gas! She even refused to eat her food all day Saturday. Guess I'll be getting a different kind of dog food on grocery day. The pseudo-depression is one of the reasons I wanted to take her to the park today. She ran and played tag as usual, so all is well...except for the gas. If I don't post again in at least a week, send someone to check on us please. Luna may have killed us with her farts.


No comments:

Post a Comment